VT: Some of today’s actions erase dozens of Trump orders, placing them in a “class” of dictatorial abuses and erasing them in one fell swoop…
All of Joe Biden’s day-one executive actions, as planned
- An executive order requiring that people wear masks, and keep their distance from each other, on federal property.
- The launch of a “100 Days Masking Challenge” to encourage Americans to wear masks.
- The reversal of Trump’s decision to remove the US from the World Health Organization.
- An executive order that creates the position of Covid-19 response coordinator and restores the Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense, a team in charge of pandemic response, within the National Security Council.
- Calls to Congress to extend Covid-19 aid, and requests to various departments to extend eviction and foreclosure moratoriums and pause payments for federal loans.
- An “instrument” that will allow the US to re-join the Paris Agreement on climate change within 30 days.