by Gordon Gates
Schneider National, the leading provider of premium truckload and intermodal services, is actively hiring U.S. Veterans right now.
As North America’s largest private truckload carrier, Schneider National moves freight and creates innovative transportation solutions that are designed to solve customers’ transportation needs. This is accomplished through access to capacity from a large fleet of assets as well as partner carriers, the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, and leading technology. They offer jobs and careers in driving, maintenance, office and warehouse.
At Schneider National, pride has many colors. Though they are known for their orange trucks, they are also proud to support the red, white and blue. Schneider National is one of the nation’s largest employers of military personnel. They believe that the men and women who give so freely of themselves to support our country deserve the unwavering respect and support of their employers.
Schneider National recognizes that it takes a special kind of person to commit their life to serving others. The same principles that the military values — safety, integrity, excellence and respect — are consistent with the skills that they value above all else, making Schneider an attractive choice for America’s veterans.
Schneider National was founded in 1935 and currently operates 14,000 tractors, 40,000 trailers, and has partnerships with over 6,000 carriers. Schneider drives more than five million loaded miles per day. They are utilized by two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies. Schneider operates out of 36 locations in North America. Click here for more information on Schneider locations.
They have opportunities in all areas of the company for current and former military personnel, including driver, office and shop associates. Their program for veterans includes:
- Extended benefits and differential pay when soldiers are deployed for 18 months
- Outstanding pay and benefits including 401(k) plan and full health benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Guaranteed home time for weekend drill and annual training — no vacation time required
- Company-provided CDL driver training program — no experience necessary
- Quick-hire process — allowing active military to apply, interview and be accepted up to two months prior to separation
- Nationwide opportunities throughout our network of offices, maintenance facilities and operating centers
- Flexible work opportunities that provide predictable work schedules and a better work/life balance
They know that members of the U.S. military community have the experience and motivation to excel in their ranks at Schneider. The proof is in their current leadership. Six percent of the managers, 16 percent of the senior leaders, 35 percent of drivers and over 25 percent of all associates within the company have military backgrounds and the drive to succeed.
Schneider also understands that being a member of the military reserves can bring uncertainty in times of need. They work with associates to accommodate military commitments; with compassion and respect. You will have a place with Schneider when the call of duty has been fulfilled. They take great pride in supporting the 55 associates, and their families, that are currently deployed to serve our country, as well as the hundreds of associates who have served and returned.
- National Hire Vetsfirst employer
- Outstanding HireVeterans.com Member of the Year Award 2009
- ESGR (Employer Support for Guard & Reserve) 5-Star employer
- Sponsor of Enlisted Association of National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) Al Schneider Award
- Inaugural winner of the Department of Defense Freedom Award
- Proud supporter of AW2 (Army Wounded Warrior Program)
- GI Jobs Top 50 Military Friend Employer 2006
So if your looking for an opportunity to grow in a fast-paced, challenging environment that delivers like no other, Join Schneider National, a company built on a proud tradition of hard work and unmatched customer service.
At Schneider National, associates from all specialties apply their skills for the benefit of customers, doing whatever it takes to meet their goals and exceed their expectations.
- Learn more about Veterans Jobs at Schneider National and how you can become a part of Schneider National’s trucking enterprise by clicking to HireVeterans.com
- Official Schneider National Web Site
Schneider National, Inc.
P.O. Box 2545
3101 South Packerland Drive
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54306-2545
Toll Free: 800-558-6767