Internal Revenue Service Joins HireVeterans.com
IRS hiring Now! Veterans get Career Jobs at IRS
by Gordon G. Gates
Okay, everyone knows who the IRS is right? But did you know they are a huge employer who actively seeks to hire our veterans? Well they are and they do. The IRS has joined up with HireVeterans.com to reach out to America’s best to employ their U.S. Veterans.
Why Work Should You Work for the IRS?
Why Should You Bring Your Career to the IRS?
Why? Because it all adds up! You see working for one of the world’s largest financial institutions has its advantages. Here are the Top 10.
In an IRS career, you will…
1. … enjoy great benefits and job security.
2. … have time to spend with your family and friends.
3. … work in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
4. … be trained by experts in their field.
5. … have continuous opportunities to improve your skills.
6. … develop the kinds of talents that other top them employers demand.
7. … work with the nation’s top tax professionals.
8. … become independent and accountable.
9. … have frequent opportunities to advance your career.
10. … be responsible for important work from day one!
At the IRS, they don’t take their mission lightly, because it’s part of their essence — who they are, what they do, how they do it and why — all on behalf of American taxpayers. They are continuously succeeding in this mission because they’ve streamlined their processes in order to more efficiently collect revenues, while also meeting taxpayer needs. And, it’s just one of the important, forward-thinking objectives they’ve developed to keep them aligned with their operational requirements for today and into the future.
The IRS Vision
In 2009, the IRS is a 21st Century agency with the human capital and technology capabilities to effectively and efficiently collect taxes owed with the least disruption and burden to taxpayers.
The volume and complexity of Internal Revenue Service operations has expanded tremendously during the course of the last half-century. their future is being shaped by many factors. Their customer base is diverse and ever-changing, as are the economic and social conditions in which they live and conduct business.
Therefore, they must be prepared to respond to an increasing and more demanding population, a more global and multi-lingual environment and an increasing number of taxpayers with complex financial holdings and the means and motive to resist the payment of taxes. In addition, they face frequent tax law changes, more numerous and complex tax schemes and, internally, an aging IRS workforce.
Their vision requires them to re-center the agency on a proper balance of service and enforcement that will enable them to meet customer expectations while responding quickly to technological and demographic changes. The most prominent characteristics of their vision involve:
* Delivering services that meet customer needs
* Ensuring that citizens understand their responsibilities to pay taxes honestly
* Applying fair and consistent enforcement to all citizens
* Ensuring that IRS provides a valuable service to Americans and is a desirable place to work
So if you want to be part of a super dynamic agency that is mission critical to the success of our country, well check out a career with the IRS.